Food & Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 16 June 2015

June favourites of the month


know it's not even the middle of June yet, let alone the end of it, but I thought I’d do my June favourites early because I already have a few!
1. Seasonal fruit - not only is it fresher and tastier than fruit that is not in season, but it also packs in more nutrients. This month's picks include strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, cherries, plums and my absolute favourite: Indian Alfonso mangoes, which are so much sweeter and more flavoursome than regular mangoes!
2. Festivals - from music festivals to colour festivals to food festivals. At the beginning of the month, I attended HOLI On The Downs in Nottingham (where I go to university), inspired by the original Indian Holi festival, where people throw coloured powder paint on each other in the afternoon sunshine with music blasting in the background. Coming up soon is the Foodies Festival at Alexandra Palace, the UK’s largest celebration of food & drink, which I am really looking forward to! Also lined up for me is Wireless Festival, where Drake is headlining, and PartyNextDoor, Major Lazer, Labrinth, Fuse ODG and Maverick Sabre are performing among lots of other stars! I'd love to go to a music festival abroad one day in the future - Benicassim, Sonar and Tomorrowland all sound great, but above all my dream is to go to Coachella!
3. I know I’m so behind the times with this one but I’ve started watching Girls, starring Lena Dunham. I’m already well into season 2 as its on my go-to binge watching list! I love all the characters; either you are one (or have aspects of them) or you know someone like them, which makes it even more relatable and funny!
4. My fourth favourite this month is Bootcamp Pilates in Notting Hill. I’ve been going for about a month and I Iove the fact that doing pilates on a reformer is so much more challenging for your whole body (especially your core) than just basic pilates on a mat. 
5. Finally, here are a few songs I've been listening to at the moment:
• I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) - Jamie xx (feat. Young Thug and Popcaan)
• Everyday - A$AP Rocky (feat. Rod Stewart, Miguel and Mark Ronson)
• Somebody - Natalie La Rose (feat. Jeremih)
• Is This Love - Bob Marley (Montmartre Remix)
That’s all from me today but let me know some of your favourites this month in the comments if you like or feel free to let me know what you thought of mine!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig