Food & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 5 July 2015

Healthy Restaurants in Toronto, Canada

At the end of June, my sister and I flew to Toronto, Canada (read all about my Canadian travels here!) During this trip, I tried out a vast range of healthy restaurants, cafés and juice bars that had been recommended to me by fellow food bloggers, and concluded that two favourite restaurants in Toronto are Fresh and Rawlicious.


Fresh is a modern vegetarian restaurant and juice bar, with four bustling locations in Toronto. Fresh offers a variety of satisfying and energizing food, made from whole, natural ingredients, making the world of vegetarian dining as approachable as possible. The juices are made right before your eyes ans the environment is mellow and friendly. The menu ranges from healthy staples like kale & sweet potato salads and noodle bowls with steamed greens & grilled tempeh, to a nutritious spin on comfort food classics such as vegan burgurs and quinoa-crusted onion rings. The juice bar offers so many varieties, from superfood smoothies to alkalizing green juice to a mint chocolate espresso shake.

Another restaurant which I absolutely loved was Rawlicious, located in Yorkville, where everything on the menu is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free (not to mention delicious too!). My sister, aunt and I started by sharing raw nori rolls, raw spring rolls and cashew butter on flaxseed bread. For the main course, we each had a giant raw Pad Thai. My dessert was a cacao-walnut brownie with vanilla icing, and I couldn't let the meal go by without having a superfood smoothie!


















Share:

1 comment

  1. Great post! Thank you for sharing such a foodie blog with us. If you are searching for delicious fast food restaurants Edmonton, you can visit our website.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig